June 30, 2017
PureHD is pleased to announce the deployment of DISH’s EVOLVE®, a 4K-capable Android TVTM “set-back” box that seamlessly integrates streaming apps, live linear programming and casting into one customizable solution. PureHD, a leading provider of Free-to-Guest (FTG) services in the hospitality marketplace, has installed EVOLVE at sites in New York, Dallas, Washington DC, and Denver. PureHD has several more installations scheduled in Boston, Baltimore, Minneapolis, and San Francisco.
“PureHD is pleased to be the first integrator to install DISH’s EVOLVE,” stated Thomas Pullen, President of PureHD. “Initial guest response has been fantastic – the speed of the interface, the power of Google search built into the solution, and the stunning picture quality put the “wow” factor back into guest room entertainment.”
“DISH designed EVOLVE to provide guests with the intuitive and streamlined entertainment that they have come to expect at home,” said Alistair Chatwin, director of DISH Business. “Together with PureHD, we’re transforming how television services are delivered in the hospitality industry by combining streaming apps with linear, high-definition programming into a customizable platform for hotel operators.”
An Android TV-based platform, EVOLVE gives guests access to thousands of Android TV applications from the Google Play Store, including music, movies and games. The set-back box also features Chromecast built-in, giving guests the ability to cast content from apps like Sling TV™ and YouTube® without the use of a residential grade Chromecast and its inherent security challenges.
Other EVOLVE features include the following:
- Advanced program guide – With an interactive program guide featuring genre filters and 23 hours of future programming data, EVOLVE improves the way guests discover, navigate and watch live TV in their hotel rooms.
- Channel preview – When in the program guide, hover over any title to view a pop-up window that displays live video from the channel. This allows guests to view exactly what’s on before selecting.
- Configuration tool – Customize EVOLVE’s UI with branding, welcome channels and pre-loaded apps.
- PMS integration – Provide guests with personalized messages on the home screen and automatically clear their personal information from EVOLVE as they check out.
- Bluetooth LE with audio support – Watch TV with Bluetooth headsets to eliminate disruptions when multiple people are staying in the same room.
- 4K capability – EVOLVE will continue providing guests with a premium television viewing experience as hotels deliver more 4K offerings.